We all know vitamins are good for us. Vitamin B6, in particular, has a ton of health-boosting benefits that’ll raise your energy and help you feel healthier.
Here are some of the ways Vitamin B6 can help you:
1. It’s critical for turning food into energy. It helps the body maintain its metabolism, which helps your body process food better. B6 also performs critical processes that help the body break down nutrients and turn them into energy.
2. It plays a significant role in body functions like movement, memory, blood flow, and energy expenditure.
3. It maintains balanced blood sugar levels and creates antibodies for your immune system.
4. It helps you keep a healthy nervous system by making hemoglobin that carries oxygen in red blood cells throughout the body.
5. It controls levels of amino acid homocysteine in the blood, which may lower your risk of heart disease and stroke. B6 helps control the levels of fat deposited in the heart, protecting it against cardiac conditions.
6. It helps your body absorb Vitamin B12 properly.
7. It’s essential for women’s and baby health – in particular, during pregnancy and infancy, Vitamin B6 is used in brain development and to support immune function.
8. It helps to restrict stone formation in the kidneys, keeping this critical organ in tip-top shape.
9. It can help treat problems like anemia, carpal tunnel syndrome, multiple sclerosis, and arthritis.
So how can you get more Vitamin B6 in your diet?
You’re most likely to find B6 in foods like whole grains, cereals, green beans, walnuts, and wheat germ. Other sources include fish, eggs, meat, liver, bananas, cauliflower, cabbage, soybeans, carrots, and spinach.
When athletes are expending energy, they can burn more Vitamin B6 than they are consuming.
Sports drinks from K+ Organics help athletes of all ages replenish their systems by including this important vitamin in their diets.
We hope this information helps underscore the importance of Vitamin B6 to the human body.